Do I need a lawyer if my child has been cyberbullied?

Video Transcription:

If your child is being cyberbullied or cyberstalked, you may want to not hire a lawyer right away,  but you want to reach out to a lawyer who’s knowledgeable on the issues so that you know what rights and remedies are available for you and your child. Speaking with a lawyer can provide you with information on how to properly document the cyberbullying. What you can do. How to proceed with an injunction for protection for your child. You can file the injunction on behalf of your minor child. How to properly report these incidents to the police, what you need, what the statute is that applies. Copies of the harassing messages you want to make sure it’s all in an organized fashion when you provide it to law enforcement or whenever you file that petition for injunction. There’s very specific requirements in Florida to establish stalking which is the legal term of art, when cyberbullying or cyber stalking is involved. It’s important to know your rights. Speak to a knowledgeable attorney on this issue.