What is Sexual Assault? What can you do if you are a Victim of Sexual Violence or Rape?

Sexual violence could range from someone uncomfortably brushing up against you to forced penetration and rape.

No matter what you did before this happened to you, it is not your fault.

I understand that this is a traumatic experience, and we are here to help get you through it.

If you or someone you know has been a victim of rape, call law enforcement immediately. Police will begin investigating and should bring you to get a medical exam. Go to your nearest emergency room within 72 hours. This will help collect evidence that could be used to identify and prosecute your attacker. Before you get to the hospital, you should avoid taking a shower, eating, or changing your clothes. Bring an extra change of clothes in case your clothes contain critical evidence.

You Have Options

Even if you’re not sure you want to prosecute, you can have a limited forensic medical exam. It is important to gather the evidence so that you are prepared if you decide to go forward with your case.

Here at Cagnet Myron Law, we can represent you throughout the injunction process, criminal case, and in related civil matters Seeking monetary damages.

Even if you did not seek help immediately after the incident, you may still have options.

If you or someone you know may have been a victim of sexual assault or rape, call us for a free consultation at 561-877-0230 or visit www.cagnetmyronlaw.com for additional information.